Swiss government and banks have introduced new norms, aiming to improve transparency and accountability for the sector due to offshore tax evasion crackdowns. The Swiss government plans to dramatically increase international cooperation on fiscal transparency, sharing private information about clients of the country’s banks.
The alp country is popular among:
- Wealth management firms
- Real estate
- Commodities like gold
- Pension funds
- Art dealers
Swiss top-tier banks
- Credit Suisse got a rate of A1 according to Moodys in june 2012. The bank previosly had a credit rate of Aa1. Credit Suisse has 0.15 estimated non-performing assets 2014. It is the strongest and most reliable bank in Switzerland. Many multinational companies choose to keep their money saved therein. It is the 4th biggest private bank in the world.
- UBS AG – is the worldest biggest private bank according a study by Scorpio partnership.
- Julius Bär & Co. AG
- Edmond de Rothschild
The bank giants Credit Suisse and UBS have formed the lobbying group Swiss Finance Council.
Family owned banks
- La Roche & Co.
- Lombard, Odier, Darier, Hentsch & Cie
- Pictet & Cie
- Banque Bonhôte & Cie SA
- Banque Cantonale de Genève
- Banque Cantonale Neuchâteloise
- Graubündner Kantonalbank
- Hinduja Bank (Switzerland) Ltd
- ICB Financial Group Holdings AG
- SIX SIS AG
- SIX x-clear AG
- WIR Bank
- Zurich Cantonal Bank