The German bank sector face decling revenues combined with fierce competition. Deutsche Bank got lower credit rate A2 (previously Aa3) according to Moodys in june 2012.
[wp-rss-aggregator source=”1295″ limit=”15″]
- Bayerische Landesbank is the dominating banks of Germany- the non-performing assets are 0.17 for 2014.
- Deutsche Bank
- Commerzbank AG
- DZ Bank AG
- Landesbank Baden-Württemberg
- Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale
- Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen Girozentrale
- Sparkassen – 417 local banks biggest one is Hamburger Sparkasse
Read article by Luigi Zingales why Germany opposes the new bank-resolution mechanism proposed by the European Commission.
The unemployment rate in Germany was 5.3% in March 2013.
Deutsche Bank, for instance, has started a gold vault with the capacity to hold as much as 200 tons.
Germany’s public savings banks Sparkassen have become the most powerful little lenders in the world, exploiting their political clout to punch loopholes into Europe’s banking laws. The Sparkassen, whose combined balance sheet has grown to more than €1 trillion. Read more in this article in Wall Street Journal from 2013 Nov. 10.